Vanton Chem-Gard Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps - Chem-Gard CGMC
Thermoplastic Close-Coupled, Magnetically Driven, Sealless Centrifugal Pumps
Corrosion-free and contamination-free handling of acids, caustics and ultra-pure liquids with zero emissions in a compact size
- Flows to 400 gpm (91 m3/h)
- Heads to 180 ft (55 m)
- Temps to 225°F (107°C)
- Construction: PP, PVDF
Vanton Chem-Gard® CGMC magnetically driven end suction process pumps are sealless, single stage, close-coupled centrifugal pumps. All fluid contact parts are injection molded of solid, stand-alone polypropylene (PP) or polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF). CGMC pumps eliminate corrosion associated with metal pumps, wicking and contamination associated with fiberglass pumps, and porosity/delamination associated with lined metal pumps.
With no mechanical seals to leak or emit vapors, these sealless pumps offer zero emission performance, making them the environmentally safe choice for transferring acidic, caustic, volatile, and otherwise hazardous fluids.
High performance permanent rare earth magnets transmit power, with the inner magnet rotor assembly encapsulated in thick-walled PP or PVDF. A non-metallic containment can assembly reduces losses in pump efficiency by eliminating troublesome eddy currents. Rugged thermoplastic wet end components are encased by structural metal armor allowing CGMC pumps to withstand the same nozzle loadings as metal pumps.
Equipped with NEMA or metric C-face motors, the close-coupled CGMC design eliminates the cost and concern associated with pump/motor alignment, while reducing overall length by approximately 20 percent compared to conventionally mounted pumps, allowing placement in restricted spaces. The CGMC hydraulic head conforms to ANSI B73.1 process pump dimensional standards, allowing drop-in replacements without piping or installation modifications.
- Non-metallic containment can with a thermoplastic wet end and backed by a rigid, non-metallic composite for added stability. This construction enhances efficiency by avoiding troublesome eddy currents.
- Thermoplastic sleeve assembly completely isolates the stainless steel shaft from the fluid.
- Pump casing components and impeller are molded from homogeneous, virgin thermoplastics (polypropylene or polyvinylidene fluoride).
- High performance, permanent rare earth magnets offer power ratings to 30 hp at 3600 for flow rates to 400 gpm (91 m3/hr) and heads to 180 ft (55 m). The pumps are recommended for service at temperatures up to 225°F (107°C).
- High PV stationary and rotating sleeve/thrust bearings are offered in ultrapure alumina ceramic, siliconized graphite and silicon carbide.
- Dynamically balanced, closed thermoplastic impeller with molded-in stainless steel inserts are key-locked to the shaft.
- Wide-open fluid passages provide for continuous flow of liquid for cooling and lubricating the sleeve/thrust bearings.
- Chemical resistant two-part epoxy coated cast iron armor provides structural support and allows for same nozzle loadings as metal pumps. The CGMC hydraulic head conforms to ANSI B73.1 process pump dimensional standards, allowing for drop-in replacements without piping or installation modifications.
The CGMC hydraulic head conforms to ANSI B73.1 process pump dimensional standards, allowing drop-in replacements without piping or installation modifications. Close-coupled design simplifies pump/motor alignment and reduces overall length by approximately 20% compared to conventionally mounted pumps, allowing placement in restricted spaces.
CHEM-GARD® CGMC PUMP DIMENSIONS: INCHES
Scroll table left and right for small devices.
|PUMP SIZE||SUCTION SIZE||DISCHARGE SIZE||DIMENSIONS IN INCHES (MM)|
|1.5 x 1 x 6||1 1/2||1||6 1/2||5 1/4||13 5/8|
|3 x 2 x 6||3||2||8 1/4||8 1/4||16 1/16|
|3 x 2 x 8||3||2||9 1/2||8 1/4||16 1/16|
|4 x 3 x 10||4||3||11||8 1/4||16 1/16|
*Dimensions and specifications subject to change and may vary slightly with motor manufacturer selected.